Wednesday, October 17, 2007

We Own The Night

I went to see "We Own The Night" the other day. This movie stars Mark Walberg and Joaquin Phoenix. The jist of the movie is about two brothers, one that is a cop and one that runs a night club. The night club attracts the Russian Mafia and the cop brother asks the night club brother to help catch the Mafia King Pin. To me this movie looked like it was going to me simular to "The Departed", a movie that I loved. It sort of was, but not nearly as good. Joaquin Phoenix, plays the burn out who could careless about other people's problems and who needs to suddenly get serious character, as well as he does in all of the movies where he needs to play that same role. Mark Walberg plays the hard ass cop, but isn't quite as well as in "The Departed" nor does he swear as much. I thought that there needed to be more background and set up for Joaquin Phoenix going undercover. This is no more than just an O.K. movie, I would give it a 5 or 6 out of 10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rickie could you go check out INTO THE WILD for me? Let me know if I need to see it in the theatre or wait for vid. Looks good.
Rodge
creimr@centurytel.net
Send those crazy packer pictures