Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Dan In Real Life

I went and saw Dan In Real Life yesterday. I am a big fan of The Office, and Steve Carell. This movie right from the beginning made me feel uncomfortable. And I was uncomfortable throughout the entire movie. I don't know if that was because the acting was so good to make me feel that way, or just because I didn't like the movie too much. It is hard to talk about the movie without blowing the plot. So if you don't want to know about it, stop reading. Dan Burns (Steve Carell) is an advice columnist and also a widower. He takes his three daughters away to a family reunion / weekend. Early on in the movie, Dan meets a girl, Marie (Juliette Binoche) in a book store and after only a couple of hours falls in love with her. Marie is soon revealed to be the girlfriend of his brother Mitch (Dane Cook). As the uncomfortable weekend continues, Marie falls in love with Dan. All the while Dan goes on to proves through his actions to be a hypocrite to his daughters. The direction of this movie is high predictable, especially the biggest shocker moment of the movie. I can't say that this is anymore than just an O.K. movie. You see a bit of Steve Carell's "Office" character come through, especially the long pauses and how his character deals with uncomfortable silences. I give this movie a 5.

No comments: