Monday, October 08, 2007

Super Bad

I went and saw Super Bad with Tree Saturday night. My friend, Justus, gave it a sterling review. I am going to do the same. It is rare that a movie can make me laugh out loud. But this one did, a number of times. The main plot of the movie is about high school kids who plan to bring alcohol to a party in order to impress girls that they like, and mayhem ensues. One sentence, pretty much covers the entire movie. What I liked about the movie best is, and this is probably sad to admit, but they way that these kids talked is the same way I talked with my friends when I was in high school / early college. I would say that it is a much more raw version of American Pie. There are a lot of F- bombs. This is actually a movie I would pay to see again. Although Tree and I both said that we were students that forgot our IDs, so we got in for $8. But that was only after the girl asked us first if we were students. Definitely a movie that should be in your DVD library. And it needs to be watch repeatedly so that the lines become part of your everyday conversation. On a scale of 1 - 10, this movie is an 8. I highly recommend seeing it. I am not saying you won't be offended, you probably will, but you will also laugh out loud. It is one big, veiny, triumphant movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur with your review, Richard.
Tree

Anonymous said...

Mclovin was the Best!!

SL