Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Weekend

I was happy to be home for the holidays. Here is a quick recap of all of what I did. Friday night I went skiing with my brother, Jon and nephews, Nick and Ethan, at Alpine Valley. After skiing I stopped at the Eagle Springs Pub where my friend, Angela, "works". Although I didn't see her working much at all. But I did get to meet her soon to be boyfriend, Jon, who is one of the cooks.

Saturday I actually got to play some sheepshead. This was very exciting to me. Preston got a game together with Mick, Roman and Bob. While it didn't start out too well, I was down $50, I made a formidable comeback and ended up winning $30. Saturday night, I hung out at the Krumrich household.

Sunday morning I went to Jared, Lindsey and Erin's Christmas concert. I had never been invited to one of their concerts before. Apparently making this public knowledge on my blog helped to change that situation. I guess you could say that some good actually comes out of my blog. I wasted the next 3 hours of my day watching the Packer game at my sister's. The only saving grace of that experience is that we had breakfast first. Normally this wouldn't be all that big of a deal, but my parents were also at my sister's and my mom brought her homemade Spanish nut rolls. It has to be all of 20 years since she last made them. Honestly, they were worth the wait. Absolutely delicious. I had recently told the story of the infamous spanish nut rolls to my nephews and made them bother my mom until she finally made them. Sunday night I went with Chris and Rebecca to the Bahr family Christmas party. I love hanging out with the Bahrs. Rebecca had about 10 aunts and uncles and they all rip on each other. It is truly a great party to just be a fly on the wall at, just to listen in on the conversations.

Monday, Christmas eve, I met up with the Krumichs again. Somehow I got talked into going down to Best Buy in Delafield in the middle of the afternoon. What a joke. The highlights of that trip were Mr. Krumrich bypassing the only parking spot we saw for two minutes, in search of finding some "rockstar parking". What was he thinking. We also got flipped off by an old guy who drove by us for no real apparent reason. Merry Christmas. Afterwards, we got in the annual Krumrich ping pong tourney. Krum and I handily disposed of JFK and Diceman. I would like to say it was close but it wasn't. Christmas Eve dinner was at my brother, Jon's. His in-laws were over. We played some cards, opened gifts and had a great meal. Christmas Eve night, I made an appearance over at Rebecca's mom's (Rita's) house for a drink or two.

Christmas day was spent at my parents. The entire family was together. It is quite the house full. As happens every year, the only real Christmas present I want is to get through all of the family pictures without catching any grief from my brothers. Well that didn't happen. One day they will appreciate me for insisting that we take pictures. As was true for the entire weekend, the food was great and I ate way too much.
I would like to thank everyone this past weekend for the hospitality and great food. Including, the Bahrs, Krumrichs, Preston, Rick and Rita Garcia, Annie and Gordy, the Coonens, the Eggeners, Chris and Rebecca, Angela, my parents especially my mom for the dounuts, ,and a special thank you to my brother, Jon, and sister in law, Julie, for allowing me to stay at their house and come as go as I pleased.
I would also like to thank the following for the wonderful gifts I received this year, Chris and Rebecca, Grandma Bahr, Nancy, Nick and Ethan, Rita and Rick, Erin, Lindsey and Jared.

Here are the pictures from Christmas weekend. I stopped by Chris and Rebecca and I took their family Christmas picture. Here they are with Mona, Butters, Butch and Kim.Angela and Harper at the Bahr family Christmas party. Angela didn't bring her boyfriend, Jon.Grandma Bahr and her favorite grandson in law, Chris. Rebecca says that Chris is just a big brown noser.Here I am at Best Buy, Krum is playing Guitar Hero, and I am keeping tempo with Drum Hero, although Drum Hero wasn't working. But I was still making my presence felt. More Cowbell.Christmas Eve at my brother, Jon's, seen in the background surprisingly with a drink. This is Jake, Lauren, Ethan and Nick.The Eggener Family, Nancy (my godwife), Brian, Jake and Lauren.Me with Gordy and Annie.Here I am picking on my older little brother, Jon.Christmas Day at my parents. I was quizzed to see if I could remember all of the grandkids middle names. I passed with flying colors. Nicholas Evan.Zachary Richard.Lindsey Rose.Ethan August.Jared James.Sarah Elizabeth.Abbigail Diane.Erin Emma.Joshua William.Joey Jeffery.Here are all of the grandkids.The Grandkids with their grandparents.

This is the entire Davies clan. 21 of us all together. Grandma is going to get passed in height by a couple of the grandkids pretty soon. Here is Josh crying because his mom said he couldn't open a present. I always take pictures of Josh when he cries.My parents with what is probably their last grandchild, Joey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures!! How can you say that your parents have their last grandchild? You have not even started yet!!
Annie

Nick Davies said...

Rick when are you going to update your blog?

Rickie Davies said...

Easy Pickle. Once I see you posting more than once every two weeks, then you can start to pipe up about how often I update my blog.