Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Skiing in Colorado

I was in Colorado skiing this past weekend. I went with Eric and Flo. And we met up with Russ and Karen who both live in Denver. There was some cold weather but it was still a great trip. I would say the highlight for me was while we were skiing at Loveland. We had met up with a group that Russ knew and we totalled 12 people. Eric took the lead going down the hill and took something of a tumble. As he came to rest and struggled to get up, I was at the back of the pack and weaved my way through the rest of our group to reach Eric and spray him down with snow from my skis. I did also have my regular bout with altitude sickness, drinking alcohol really didn't help much either. And I did throw up once again on the hill. Here are the pictures from the weekend. This is me, Flo and Russ while taking at break at Loveland.Karen, Russ, Flo, Me and Eric at A-Basin. As you can see from the picture, I was decked out in the chicken suit. The chicken suit was a pretty big hit, and I got stopped a number of times for photo ops, and all of the attention didn't bother me at all.The sunset at A-Basin.Saturday, Marty came up with his daughter, Chloe. She is a great kid. Here I am giving her "The Claw", that is a "Liar Liar" reference.Saturday night Marty and I really started putting down the drinks. This picture was taken around 2 in the morning just before we called Nate at home in Milwaukee around 3 a.m. Milwaukee time.Sunday, I let Marty wear the gorilla suit. Me, Marty and Chloe.Here is Flo mid run at Copper Mountain.The sunset back at the condo.Russ and Karen while we were out for dinner Sunday night.Another shot of the group at dinner.
It was as I said a great trip. A little cold, but we managed. I would have liked to get more on the hill pictures but my hands just got too cold to even pull out the camera.

No comments: