Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Update

I stayed in Appleton this weekend. Nothing too crazy. Friday night I went out with my old roommate from college, Mark, and his wife, Suzanne. They also live in Appleton and are my only friends here in Appleton. So I go out at all, it is with them. We went to a place called "Cranky Pats". It is a pizza joint with a bar attached and on this particular night, they had a band playing called "The 357 String Band". They are something of a bluegrass music band. But they are pretty good. The only thing that really bothered me, was that this was in Neenah, which is not smoke free, unlike Appleton. The bar was very very smoky. I sincerely hope that Wisconsin soon goes smoke free. Saturday I got all of my Christmas shopping done and I didn't get shot by some crazy idiot in the mall, so that is a good thing. I also put together all of my Christmas cards. In fact your Christmas card went out in the mail this morning. The more I looked at the card, the more unhappy I am with it. Be sure to send your complaints about the card here. Saturday night, I went out with Mark again. We went to a bar across the street from my place for a couple of drinks. Sunday was all football. Isn't great watching the Packer game with out any nervousness, just knowing that they are going to win. As far as my Packer prediction contest goes, well Nancy is the only person still capable of winning, but the Packers must lose the rest of their games. So I think I will be eating that Gyro alone. I would also like to clear up that Myra / Borky are now both off my deadbeat list. I really didn't take any pictures this weekend. However, I did get this one Friday night. This is the 357 String Band.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ring my bell when you get that gyro, I may make the trip with ya.
Tree

Rickie Davies said...

Just like when you met me out Thanksgiving Eve. Are you sure Heather will let you go? What if I go at 10:00 at night? Do you still want me to call you?