Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Diceman

A couple of weeks ago I was up in Minnesota for the Badger - Gopher game. After the game we were out at a bar downtown. Krum showed up with his younger brother, Andy. Although everyone calls him "Diceman". This is mainly my fault. I gave him that nickname when we were all in highschool. It was the late 80's early 90's and Andrew Dice Clay was rather popular. So Andy quickly became "Diceman". I knew the name was going to stick when one day I was over at Krum's place and his mom yelled to us "Paul, you and Rickie go and pick Diceman up at school." Anyhow, on to the story. Diceman is 2 years younger than Krum and I. One day while we were all in high school, we were driving somewhere with me riding shotgun and Diceman in the back seat. There was a rumor going around the school that Diceman liked a certain girl. Krum and I wanted to find out who it was, so started what was to be titled "The Interrogation of Diceman" story. While driving down Highway 83 at 45 miles an hour, I jumped into the back seat with Diceman, opened the car door and stuck his head out. I had his face about a foot from the roadway while yelling at Diceman "Who is it? What is her name?" Krum had is own personal debate going on, between whether to slow down and help out his brother, or continue driving because he also wanted to know who the girl was. Not surprisingly, Diceman gave up the information rather quickly. 17 years later I find out that this event has emotionally scared him for life. And for that Diceman, I am sorry. I would like to defend my actions by saying that in high school, Krum and I were total idiots.

No comments: