Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas with the Krumrichs

Here is another story that Diceman brought up to me when I saw him last. Every Christmas day night since I was in high school I would go over the Krumrichs'. We almost always get in some ping pong. Usually some pretty serious doubles matches. One year Krum's older sister, Christy, brought home a new boyfriend for the family to meet for the first time. For story's sake we will call him, Bob, because I can't remember his name. Historically speaking, Krum and I normally own the ping pong table. Well Bob was a rather competitive person. No matter who Bob teamed up with, they could not beat Krum and I. And not only would we beat every team, but we would do it while joking around and making seemingly lucky shots. This only infuriated Bob even more which did not improve his game at all and he continued to lose. Diceman reminded me of this incident and also informed me that he later found out that on the way home Bob actually cried because Krum and I beat him. It appears in light of these last two stories that I have had a rather negative effect on the lives of the Krumrich family. Who would have thought that a simple idiot like myself could impact people so much.

No comments: