Monday, December 10, 2007

Pulling Up Short?

This was the excitement of my Sunday night. It was 6:15 in the evening and I received a phone call. It was my friend, Eric. He called me up to tell me that he had been at the Packer game with our friend, Ryan. He said that they had both been drinking all day and they wanted me to come and meet them out. Here is pretty much our converstation:
Eric: "We are loaded. You have to come meet us out. This is the best day of my life."
Me: "Where are you?"
Eric: "We are in Green Bay, we went to the Packer game."
Me: "You went to the Packer game and you are just calling me now."
Eric: "You said if we were ever in town to call you up and you would meet us out."
Me: "I would have met you if you had called me before the game, I would have come up and tailgated with you and tried to scalp a ticket."
Eric: "Well, we are calling you now."
Me: "Yeah, I know, when I am an after thought."
Eric: "So come on where do you want to meet."
Me: "I am in shutdown mode, for the day. I am not going out."
Eric: "Call in sick tomorrow, it won't take you long to catch up."
Me: "I am not going out."
Eric: "You are dead to me."
Me: "Alright then, I will see you in Colorado."
As I stated in the conversation, I would have been all over, meeting up with Eric and Ryan "before" the game. But was I wrong for not meeting them out when the called me at 6:00 at night.

Should I have gone out Sunday night?
Yes, It was your obligation as a friend and a man.
No, Eric is a moron and probably would have passed out right away if you had showed up.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plus; since you didn't go to the bar, you didn't get thrown out for doing something stupid.

Rickie Davies said...

Where is it said that every time I go to a bar that I do something stupid? You must have a pretty low opinion of me, and never been to a bar with me.

Anonymous said...

I've read on your blog about all the crime that goes unsolved while the police are dealing with certain people doing stupid things in bars. It's common knowledge. Or am I thinking of Nick Barnett?

Rickie Davies said...

Stupid things. You call dancing with girls stupid things. Have you ever been to a bar? Please expand upon what you call "common knowledge". I have no idea what you are talking about. Please enlighten me.

Anonymous said...

thankyou rick