Friday, December 28, 2007

New Years Weekend Continued

Sunday morning I took a flight from Green Bay to Minneapolis. I am pretty much done with the 5.5 hour drive. I just can't handle it anymore. And I have only done it a couple of times. With the cost of gas and the savings in time, if I can find a $200 flight, it is absolutely worth flying rather than driving. Anyhow I got into Minnesota and went to Krum's place. I watched football all day on his 91 inch high definition television in his home theater. Easily the greatest TV I have ever seen. Krum's brother, Diceman, also came over to watch the Packer game. While the three of us were watching the game, I mentioned to both of them that their father, JFK, called me the day before. In that conversation JFK offered me a ticket to the Packers first playoff game. Diceman told me that his dad had called him to offer him the ticket first, but Krum said that his dad never called him. I think JFK just figured that Krum wouldn't make the trip. So I am headed to the Packer game. Sunday night, Krum and I met Flo and K.O. downtown for a couple of drinks. Monday, I watched football all day at Krum's, then Borky picked me up and I had New Years Eve Dinner with the Borky's. I was "helping" Liz when we misread the package for the frozen Prime Rib that she had bought for dinner. It said cooks in 20 -24 minutes. After 45 minutes of continually inserting the meat thermometer and seeing the needle go the wrong way, we both reread the package and notice that it was 20 -24 minutes per pound. Oops. So we ate everything else that was ready, had another drink, Borky ran to the gas station and then we ate the prime rib. Monday night I rang in the New Year at Heidi and Schoen's place. It was fun, but since we didn't show up until 9:30 - 10:00 the night went very fast. I really didn't drink all that much and that helped contribute to not being hung over in the morning. Tuesday morning a group of us went to Champs for lunch. I spent the afternoon back at Krum's. Tuesday night, K.O. came over to Krum's and we made dinner and watched "The Shining". I was back to Appleton Wednesday morning. Here are your pictures:

Sunday night out at the bar me and Krum.Krum the ladies man with Flo and K.O.Not to be upstaged by Krum, I had to get in there and cop a feel.
New Years Eve. Here is Heidi on the right and her sister, who's name I can't remember. I do know that her boyfriend was a total clown. Apparently over the course of the evening I told Heidi that I would do the Grandma's marathon in Minneapolis with her. That is the same one that Krum passed out at this past summer. Looks like I have a goal for this summer.Me, Lynn, Flo, Liquid Lisa and Doug.Liquid Lisa and Doug.At the end of the night, I was feeding Heidi and Schoen's dog, Zoey, nachos. I thought this was kind of a funny picutre.

No comments: