Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Avatar

It has been a while since I made my way to the movies. Last Thursday I went to go see Avatar in 3D with Nate. I am fully on board with 3D movies. I think they are just incredible. As Nate and I were walking into the theater and received our 3D glasses, Nate made the comment,"It is in 3D? I guess I should have put my contacts in." I thought that was pretty funny, but Nate said even with the 3D glasses on over his real glasses, the 3D still looked good.
But on to the movie itself. It is long, but overall I thought it was very good. The special effects were phenomenal. I read on "imdb.com" that it was 40% live action and 60% photo-realistic CGI. I would call this movie a futuristic cross between "The Matrix" and "Braveheart". The plot is very predictable. And there is a very heavy dose of the political anthem of a global conservancy and living "green" throughout the entire movie. Still I give this movie an 8 out of 10. I may even go and see it again, more for the 3D and special effects than for the movie plot itself.

No comments: