Thursday, January 14, 2010

Window Install

Last week I helped my brother's old boss, Wayne, put windows in my house. These windows were ordered through my sister-in-law, Julie. I am incredibly pleased with the new windows. I am happy that I went with the casement windows in most cases over the double hung. I think they appear larger and look much better.

But that front picture window in the living room was a beast. I would guess that the new window easily tipped the scales at around 400 pounds. The big issue with the replacement of this window was what to do with the old window. Wayne and I brainstormed a little bit, and believe it or not, the solution that seemed most feasible for disposing of the window was to break it into smaller pieces and throw it all in the trash.
Here you can see Wayne working in one of the bedrooms. And what am I doing? Taking pictures and documenting the work. That is actually what I do at my real job.
Here are the new and old picture windows. That beast is 7' 4" by 5' 9".The last you will see of the old window.Again here is Wayne working and me doing nothing.

Here is the video of the window breaking.

There will be more pictures of the finished product in time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Windows look great! Annie

Anonymous said...

Best part was the breaking of the glass too funny! Annie