Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sunday

Sunday was much different from Saturday. But it started off the same. Cookies before working out. I just got a call from my niece, Erin, who is selling girl scout cookies. It came at the right time. I could use some. If anyone would also like to buy some cookies but doesn't know any girl scouts. Let me know and I can get you Erin's information.
I also cleaned up some leftovers from Crawdaddys. Alaskan Skatewing with scallops and lobster mashed potatoes.And then I spent the remainder of the day bundled up on the couch watching football. Doesn't that look comfortable?As far as the games go, I was pretty close on my predictions. I almost got the Colt's score right, and I was one pick away from getting Favre's interception number correct. I wouldn't have minded the Vikings making the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't be able to stomach them making the Super Bowl with Favre. So I was happy with the outcome of the game. However, the Vikings were the better team on Sunday. They just needed to do a better job taking care of the ball. In fact, if the Saint defenders weren't too busy trying to pick up the fumbles rather than just falling on the ball, they would have had two more turnovers.
And to my Minnesota friends, enjoy the next 7 months of "will he return or won't he". I am happy that my team has their quarterback position set for the next 7 or 8 years. Ia m going on the record right now. Old number 4 will be coming back to play again next year.
As far as a pick for the Super Bowl. I think that Peyton Manning is just too good. He is like having the couch on the field. I heard that in a game earlier this season he was coming up to the line of scrimmage, and before the snap he would point to which guys on the other team that were going to be blitzing....and he was right. Colts win 35 - 31 in a game that has the most combined total yards by both teams in the history of the Super Bowl.
Oh and here is the mountain of clean laundry that I was planning to fold during the games but didn't.

4 comments:

Bubs said...

Minnesota fans also got to see Favre succeed with his gunslinging, only to rip out their hearts and stomp on them with a critical interception. Good ol' #4! If he doesn't watch out, he'll be remembered more for choking than winning.

Anonymous said...

I was soooo glad that good Ol' Favre did exactly what he does best.....get intercepted when it counts.

SL

Anonymous said...

MMM..cookies and Crawdaddys.

Rickie Davies said...

I think Crawdaddys might be on the menu for this evening.
House Rice, Carrots, Lobster Mashed Potatoes and Crawtails. A feast fit for a king.