Monday, January 29, 2007

21 Days and Justus is a Deadbeat

That is right. 21 days until I am in sunny Cancun. Which will be great since this weekend it is suppose to be in the single digits while I am skiing at Granite Peak.

And yes, Justus is a deadbeat. In short, he is in my fantasy football league and owes money, but hasn't gotten around to paying up. He is over a month delinquent. That being said, I will add that with my countdown to my posting titles. Bubs does that make you happy? No weekend updates, just your brother being a deadbeat. Be careful what you wish for.

Here are some random thoughts for you.

Flavored bottled water? Does anyone have an option on this? I have gotten hooked on it myself. I guess it is healthier than the rootbeer float phase I went through. But is flavored bottle water good for you. Here is one of the ingredients "Sodium Hexamtaphosphate". I think that is also an ingredient in "Agent Orange".

I would like to make a plea to my loyal readers. Now I realize that I will one day lose my hair. I am not too bad now, at least I don't think I am. I know that I am doing better than my brothers. But when the day comes where I need to just start shaving my head, can you tell me? I give myself 3 more good years and then it is all over.

I haven't told a story in a while. At least one that came from the archives. I was listening to Neil Diamond a couple days ago and that triggered one. I think this was my second year of college. I was up in Minnesota visiting Krum. We went out to a house party one night. And I recall that we met up with Nate, Russ, Marty, Myra and Borky might have even been there as well. After the party, some how I got split up from Krum and I ended up going to a party back at Myra's place with Nate, Marty and Russ. At this point I had only meet these guys maybe 2 or 3 times. Obviously I was not as close with these guys as I am now. Myra was throwing a Neil Diamond party. They had been playing "Cracklin' Rosie", "Sweet Caroline" and "Forever in Blue Jeans" all a number of times each. Well I ran up there and put in "Soolaimon", somewhat of an unknown Neil song. Well shortly after the song started up the boos began raining down on the new guy from Milwaukee. I was quickly pushed to the side and they played "Cracklin' Rosie" yet again. I was a bit put off, especially since I really didn't know anyone there all that well. I was sulking just me and my beer when Nate came up to me and said "Don't worry buddy, I still like you. That is a great song, but a little too deep for this crowd." Just another example of Nate being a good guy.

Here is a sure sign that the Apocalypse is upon us. I stopped in at a sporting good store this afternoon and found this jersey on a clearance rack. $5!!! When I was checking out I told the guy at the register "You guys are going to have a hard time giving these things away." There were at least another 20 or so on the rack. He laughed and said "I know, but for $5 you could use them to start a fire or maybe traction under your car tire if you get stuck." But for $5, marked down from $75, I just could not resist.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flavored water? So why can't you just put a lemon in your tap water? It's free in most places. I hate bottled water ...and who in their right mind wants water from god knows where .....that has been sitting in some storage hole for months.

Rickie Davies said...

I actually like the grape flavor. And in defense of bottle water, I have never heard of anyone getting Cryptosporidium from bottled water. I think God and everyone else doesn't want to know where Milwaukee gets their water from.

Anonymous said...

You are correct about Milwaukee water. We have well water and have not had any Cryto problems.

Anonymous said...

hye buddy pick one of those up for me, I need a good oil rag for my VW.

borky