Wednesday, January 31, 2007

18 Days and Justus is a Deadbeat

Here are two quick thoughts I had today.


Number one, I was driving to my project this morning and listening to the radio. A song came on, and it was Sheryl Crow covering a Rod Stewart song "The First Cut is the Deepest". An absolutely great song. In fact I am listening to is as I type up this posting. Anyhow, in Sheryl's remake of the song, she does a little rearranging of the words. For instance from the original the verse goes "I would have given you all of my heart. But there is someone who has torn it apart. And she has taken just all that I had..." Now in Sheryl's remake that last line is "And he has taken just all that I had." No you can not do that. You can't change the gender of song because they are of the opposite gender. The house band for the Milwaukee Bucks used to do that because they had a female lead singer. By changing the gender you change the whole meaning of the song. And that is not what Rod was talking about.


Number two, and I am not sure if this will be more or less interesting. I was doing the dishes. My dishwasher in my townhouse sucks, so I am back to doing dished by hand. As I was going through the silverware, I realized that none of my silverware matches. I take that back, I do have a about 6 or 7 sets of knives, forks and spoons that do match. Those were given to me by my brother, Dan, when I first moved into my house almost 9 years ago. And those sets Dan actually stole from him college cafeteria. Some real high quality stuff, but the price was right. I think Dan pilfered that silverware somewhere around 1988, so they are getting close to being antiques. Since then with a number of roommates moving in and out I have accumulated quite the collection of silverware. In fact I counted, I have 12 different designs of spoons. Can anyone beat that? Here is a sampling.

In light of my wonderful array of eat utensils, which I am very proud of, I would like to say this. And I might be getting ahead of myself, but if I were ever to get married, (I know that is a big "if") there is no way I would allow my wife to register for silverware. These work fine. Sure there is a fork or two that has some bent prongs. But the set has character. I am guessing that every married guy who might read this is saying to himself, "Good luck with that one." I have some friends, Nate and Michel, and they registered and got some good china as a wedding present. And every time I eat over there, I ask if we can use the good china and Michel always says "No Rickie, that is for special occasions." And I always say "It isn't a special occasion when I come over?"

As I review this posting I realize that this was all just senseless babble. But for most of you, it postponed actual work for 2 or 3 minutes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of a dork takes pictures of his spoons? Beyond that, good luck finding a wife who doesn't care about dishes and silverware. You won't find one. And, you'll just roll over like the rest of us did when your wife wants new stuff. She'll have her way. Can't wait to see a picture of your forks tomorrow. Signed: Ben There

Rickie Davies said...

Ben, I am the kind of dork that takes pictures of my spoons. But if what you say is true, then it looks like I probably will not get married. I sense a bit of defeat in your comment especially the way you mentioned "just roll over". I may be a dork but that is sad that you accepted defeat.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other informative website. The place else may I am getting that
type of information written in such an ideal approach?
I've a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I've been on the look
out for such information.

Also visit my blog post ... satellite cardsharing kings