Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Picture of the Day

This picture was taken on May 18th 1999 at Philadelphia Library steps in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. You might remember this from the "Rocky" movies. When I was there, I actually waited well over 20 minutes for some maintenance truck to move so that I could get this picture. A little known fact, there are actually footprints on the top step. They are Chuck Taylor in prints. Kind of cool. I have fallen back a little in my postings. Maybe some of Stegall's laziness rubbed off on my in Las Vegas. Actually, I will say now that my recovering is complete. But I just haven't done anything the last couple days. Here is a quick recap of my day to show just how boring my life is. I drove to my bridge this morning. I checked in with my one contractor that is working, which is just one electrician. And he has been working on the same stuff for a little over a month and a half now. So there was nothing new there. My prime contractor showed up on the job. I discussed some paper work with him, and then he bought me lunch. I then finished up some paper work in my field office. I know this is exciting stuff. From there, I went to Afton Alps to do some skiing. They finally got some much needed snow. I got in a few runs, hit the terrain park and pulled off a number of jumps, including a "daffy" which didn't look too bad based on my shadow. But I was just too cold, so I left after skiing only an hour. I then went to my health club, I got in a bunch of sit ups, the exercise bike and then the treadmill. I then signed myself up for some tanning sessions. I need to get a base going for my trip to Mexico which is 33 days away. And now I am working on the blog. But as the title of this blog clearly states. That is "The Life of Rickie" at least that was my life today. Yes, pretty boring.
I will be back home to Milwaukee this weekend, and then I get to spend an entire week in the most boring place in the world, Platteville, Wisconsin. I most likely will not have any internet access, so you will have to deal with a week with out me.

No comments: