Friday, January 26, 2007

Weekend Recap, Bubs Don't Read This

I am sorry but I have been a bit out of touch. I am sure you are suffering from Rickie withdrawal. It happens to the best of us, mostly women. I obviously do not have internet access at my place in Milwaukee. And I also didn't have access this past week in Platteville either. I have decided to equate going to training in Platteville with going to jail. Training went from 8 in the morning until 4 at night. I know that is a 7 hour day with lunch. But then there is nothing to do after that. I booked a hotel which was actually in Belmont because the web site said that it had a fitness room. That turned out to be a treadmill which you adjusted the speed on it with a crank arm of some sort. It had to be 20 years old. And a real piece of crap elliptical machine. I was in bed and asleep by 8:30 or 9:00 every night. So I am rested up. The training was kind of a joke. It was all about testing asphalt, which I could have seen being beneficial to me years ago, but now that I am a project engineer and in charge of my projects, there isn't even a slim chance that I will be doing any testing. More like I will be ordering other people to do it. The class was 4 1/2 days. It easily could have been shortened to 3 days. Today we had an exam. It was an open book open notes exam. Yesterday before the training ended for the day we spent an hour reviewing for this exam. It made no sense to review out of the very book that we were going to use for the open book exam. So it is probably a good thing that I did have internet access otherwise you would have been reading daily about how much I hate Platteville.
Here are some pictures from last weekend. This is Nate's boy, Elery. If anyone knows Nate, then you know he has the ability to talk or at least tell stories. I don't know anyone with more stories than Nate. But I think he gets this gift of gap from his mom. As you can see in this picture the phone is there, Nate was talking to his mom. And then Nate put the phone to Elery so Nate's mom could talk to Elery. And Nate's mom went on talking to Elery for a good minute. Maybe you had to be there but I thought it was funny. "Hi Elery. This is your grandmother. How are you? Are your parents being good to you? What is wrong you don't want to talk to you grandma? I just went shopping......." And on and on it went.

Saturday morning I went to both my nephew, Jared's basketball game and my niece, Lindsey's basketball game. Here is Jared, a.k.a Crusher, in his game. I choose this picture because his entire game, he was either playing with his wristband or looking at the scoreboard. Here he is doing both. His father says that he is going to be a football player.Here is Lindsey, a.k.a. Boomer, in here game. I can say that Boomer's game was much more fun to watch. And Lindsey played pretty well. Saturday afternoon was my mom's side of the family Christmas party. That gave me the opportunity to drink some Pabst and clean up in Sheepshead. Here you can see me with my winnings. That has to be at least $10. I think I started with a quarter.Here is my uncle Tom, a.k.a. "unk". He is a very loyal blog reader. Not only a loyal reader but actually finds my blog entertaining. I told him he was going to be up on the blog, you can see how happy he is about it.I think these are good pictures, but I am sure neither of my sister in laws will like them, so that is why I am posting them. Here is my sister in law, Julie.And here is my sister in law, Jodi. I would like to thank a couple people. First, Nate and Michel for the present. Seen below.Also my aunt Marilyn and Uncle Dave for the kind letter and the shirt. My mom for the home made peanut butter cookies. Easily the best cookies in the world. And as of this evening their are only 3 left. Dan and Jodi for dinner on Sunday night. Chris and Rebecca for letting me crash at their place Saturday night as well as Jota, Shelly and Traci for letting me crash at their place in Madison Sunday night.


Oh as a side note. Hotels. Why can't they put fitted sheets on the beds? And how disgusting are those comforters?

And I would also like to address a comment from my good friend and former roommate Preston who wrote "I'm getting sick of reading about you weekend plans." Let me reread that. "you weekend plans" How is that Marquette Education working out for you? By the way I have a dislike for Marquette University. But back to the comment. If you are sick of reading about my weekends, what would you like me to write about. I would be more than happy to dive any topic you would like me to address.

I realize this is a bit long, but I am making up for lost time. I haven't had a poll in a while so I thought I would throw one in here.

Did you miss me (my blog) while I was gone?
No. I just went to The General's blog.
Yes. I vicariously live through you.
You were gone?
Free polls from Pollhost.com


And a new feature here at "The Life of Rickie", you may or may not know that I am headed for a much needed week long vacation in Mexico in February. I need to recharge the battery. So I have decided to start a daiy count down until I leave. As of today 24 days until I am in Cancun. Which reminds me of an O.J. joke but I will tell you later, this post is long enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sick of reading about "weekend plans", the article that you had last posted before you were on hiatus. Come on buddy, I check the blog out everyday, I love hearing about the weekend plans. Just giving you shit about the same post being up for an extended time.

-bubs