Thursday, May 24, 2007

Captial of Thailand

A couple of years ago we had a group of guys that went to a Brewer game. I don't remember everyone who was there, but I know that Tree and The General were in attendance. And actually Tree and The General are very good friends. The three of us were walking to the concession stand or something when Tree in his ultra loud Tree voice says to The General "Hey what is the capital of Thailand?" The General thought about it for about half a second and then Tree yelled out "Bangkok!" as Tree gave The General a swift backhand to the twig and berries. Obviously this is an old joke and it really isn't very funny. The humorous part of the story is that this happened right in front of a policeman. Not Miller Park security, but a real City of Milwaukee Policeman with a gun and etc. The General looked up at the policeman and said "Did you see that? Aren't you going to do anything?" To which the policeman replied, "No." and continued laughing.
I realize that I have one reader out there who doesn't think this is funny, because in effect what Tree and The General were doing was keeping this policeman from pulling over drunk drivers. But I don't care. Plus I have been a little low on ideas for postings as of late, and while I was actually talking to The General last night the story came up. Yes friends, The General is still alive. His blog is dead.

General, if you are reading this, I would love to get a scanned picture of you and Tree at your wedding. You know the football pose picture.

No comments: