Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Water Bill and Security Deposit

Nothing really exciting happens to me during the week. Because of that, this is what you get. Last night I was checking my mail and I go two interesting things in it. First, my water bill came from when I had the pipe burst, I was worried that it would be $200 because I had no idea how long the pipe had been broken. Apparently no too long, since my bill was only $82. The other good news I got in the mail was my security deposit back from my townhouse. This was the first time as a renter that I had ever received my security deposit back. The other times were all in college, I guess that makes sense. But the interesting part about getting my deposit back was that included in the check was the amount of interest my money made. My deposit was $892 and I got a check for $912, and it was itemized out as $20 for interest. I am I moron or is this common practice to get interest back on a security deposit?

I wish I had something more interesting to post here, but I don't. I am headed back to Minnesota tomorrow afternoon. I am finishing up the final testing on my bridge up there. From Minnesota I am just heading back home to Milwaukee. I probably won't get another posting in until Monday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rickie- It's actually a little known law that landlords must include interest on the security deposit that is returned at the end of the lease. I don't think most renters know this so the landlord never pays it- at least I didn't when I was a landlord.
Shauntelle

Rickie Davies said...

I had no idea. But then again, as I stated, I have never received a secutriy deposit back before.

jasonbob said...

kyrie 7
moncler
longchamp handbags
curry shoes
stephen curry shoes
golden goose slide
kenzo
a bathing ape
curry shoes
curry 8