Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Condo

A number of people have asked me to post pictures of my condo in Appleton. I am just renting it. So far I really like it. Their is a pool and hot tub that is open 24 / 7, and a fitness center. It is a far cry from the health club I was in back in Woodbury, but it is included in the rent. Here is the tour of my new place. As you walk in the front door this is what you see. The kitchen is to the right and a den to the left. The door to the left that you can see is the bathroom. Over my right shoulder is the door to my bedroom. Over my left shoulder is the living room.


Here is the den, that door is the front door. You can see the wall with the squares on it behind me is actually a concrete poured wall. This allows me to be a bit louder without getting in trouble. I have never lived in an apartment type complex so it should be interesting. I don't think I am too loud, but at times I do turn up the stereo pretty loud.
This is the kitchen. I guess I could use a little more cabinet space, but I will make due. And my liquor bottles are too tall to fit in the cabinet over of the microwave. Tree probably won't be too happy about this picture because he gets jealous when he sees me with my shirt off, but here I am naked in the shower. Yes I did pick out the shower curtain with the duckies on it. You have a problem with that? Not flexing.
Here is the living room. The patio doors lead out to a balcony. They haven't told me that I can't grill out on it. I am going with the don't ask don't tell policy.This is my bedroom. Nothing too special here. But it does have a door out to the balcony as well.Here is the view south down Richmond Street from my balcony. It is actually a pretty busy street. I slept with the windows open the first night and it was fairly loud. But no louder than Locust Street when I went to school at UWM. I will get used to it. This is the view from the balcony looking back into the condo. You can see the bathroom to the right. The front door and den behind me, and the kitchen to the left on the other side of the bar stools.
This is the view of my place from across the street. Fourth floor, unit 444.

The location is great, a short walk to College Ave, the main strip in downtown Appleton. Now you know where I live and you are all invited to come and visit. I actually haven't seen the latest schedule on my project, but the project will last as long as 6 months and could go as long as a year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big fan of the concrete walls.
Send me your e-mail address (have your old DOT one). May be passing through town there next weekend.

Joe

Rickie Davies said...

Joe,

Here are my home and work email addresses:
mitch_kumstean@yahoo.com
rickie_davies@urscorp.com