Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a relaxing Memorial Day weekend. I spent a good share of the weekend, getting my house ready for the party this coming weekend. I think I have everything ready to go. So this year I am hoping to be not so stressed out and I will enjoy the party more. Sunday I took some of my nieces and nephews to go and see Shrek 3. The movie was barely OK. I would give it a 4. About 2/3's of the way through the movie you just want it over with. Although I did find it surprising that they had some Wings and Led Zeppelin on the soundtrack.
Sadly I did break one of my Memorial Day traditions. For the past 3 or 4 years, the morning of Memorial Day, I always watch "Saving Private Ryan". This year, well I didn't have a DVD player at home in Milwaukee. But I do plan on watching the movie tonight to make up for it. I guess it is my way of understanding, appreciating and acknowledging the sacrifice that many others paid so that we could live with the freedoms that we often take for granted.
Sunday afternoon I took Jared, Erin, Ethan, Nick, Abigail and Lindsey to the park before the movie.Here they all are again on the slide.We had a contest to see who could hang the longest from the monkey bars. Ethan in the red shorts won.Jared and Lindsey in the slide.Here the kids are at the movie.We went to McDonalds after the movie for ice cream. I had a water. I am still fast food free.Later Sunday afternoon, there was a party for my brother, Dan turning 39 years old, or 14,235 days old. Here is the Davies clan at the party, Jody, Abigail, Josh and Dan, with Dan's brother in law Pete in the background.
My parents, Dan and Jodi.
My nephew Josh, staking his beer cans.
Monday, I was at my parents house. Here we are in the front yard launching rockets. We lost one in the tree across the street in the cemetery.

No comments: