Thursday, May 17, 2007

Drinking Games

I would like to share my greatest drinking game moments for you.


#3. I was camping with Tree and a group of his friends from work. We were playing drinking Trivial Pursuit. This is a game that TT invented. This is how it works. You divide up into two teams. Each team is read all 6 questions on the card. You have to get three questions correct before you get what is called a siren. Sirens are the same as points. And whenever the guessing team gets a siren, the other team has to make the noise of a siren, you know like a police car or fire truck. I know it is stupid, but then again so is TT. You also have to take a drink on every siren. So on any given card you can get up to 4 sirens. However, there is a twist, if you know the answer to the question before the person reading the question is done, you can yell out "Fastball". Once you yell out "Fastball" the reader stops reading the question and then only the person who yelled "Fastball" can answer the question. This doubles the value. Theoretically if you yelled out "Fastball" for every question, then your team would get 9 sirens. Understand? I guess for the purpose of this story you really don't need to. We had a group of at least 12 people and we were drinking sitting around the campfire playing the game. Since I was in the middle next to a girl (We will call her Kim for the story's sake) on the other team, Kim and I were taking turns reading the cards. Once the game got going, and while I was reading questions to their team, I looked ahead at the next card that was going to be for my team and memorized the answers. Then when it was out teams turn she began reading. It went something like this:

Kim: "In what state is the river.."
Me: "FASTBALL, UTAH!"
Kim: "Correct. Who won the Oscar in 1974 for best supporting..."
Me: "FASTBALL, ROBERT De NIRO!"
Kim: "Correct."
Me: "That is a siren."
The whole other team: "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" (that is how you type a siren sound)
Kim: "What is the favorite food of the pink..."
Me: "FASTBALL, BLUE GREEN ALGAE!"
Kim: "He is right."
Me: "I can't hear you."
The whole other team: "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Me: "I believe that is 2 sirens."
The whole other team: "Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Kim: "Who signed the Treaty putting an end to the.."
Me: "FASTBALL, WINSTON CHURCHILL."
Kim: "He is right again."
The whole other team: "Rrrrrrrrrrrr"
At this point they were starting to catch on, so I made it obvious.
Kim: "Where..."
Me: "FASTBALL, WALLA WALLA, WASHINGTON!"
Kim: "What the...."
Me: "I read the card when I was reading you card."
It was pretty funny, they all thought I was an absolute genius. Which isn't too far from the truth.


#2. This was at the Dave Matthews concert at Alpine. Preston was sitting behind the a table and dealing up "High, Low, Red, Black". The object of this game is to call what the next card is going to be. Either higher or lower than the previous card or call if the card will be red or black. once you get five correct it goes on to the next person. But once you get a call wrong you have to take a drink or every card. And if you call the card to be higher than the previous card and it is the same number, I.E. two 8's, you have to drink double, so if it was the 5th card, you then have to take 10 drinks. It was just about time to go into the show and I walked up to Preston and I before he could turn the cards, I rattled off "Red, high, low, tie, black!" Now normally you call the cards one at a time, but I am a little different. Preston proceeded to slowly turn the cards.
First card: 8 of hearts
Second card: Jack of Spades
Third card: 5 of diamonds
Fourth card: 5 of clubs
Fifth card: 7 of spades
Yes I got them all correct, and even called a tie. Unheard of, but Preston will back my story, and the twins were there as well.


#1. This was playing speed quarters with Nate and Borky before going down to Summerfest to see Rusted Root. I guess the pictures speak better than another long story.

Absolutely true, I landed a quarter on the edge of a shot glass. I would rank this as a little bit harder than getting a hole in one in golf.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see if you can do it again this weekend buddy!

-borky

can you tell I'm excited for this weekend??