Monday, May 07, 2007

Weekend Update

Last word on the blender. I spoke with my sister in law, Jodi, this weekend. They moved into their house a couple years ago. Every Christmas a box of chocolates came to their house for the former owners. For the first two years, she actually forwarded on the candy to them. But she said that the third year all bets were off and they ate them. I guess the rule is three years. I would like to add to this story that at my house in Milwaukee the same thing happened, chocolate came every Christmas. At the time, I actually thought about calling the former owner, but then decided against it. I mean really how do I start out that conversation, "Hi this is Rickie, I bought the house that your child was murdered in, and some chocolates came here addressed to you. Where can I drop them off? Sorry to bring up a bad memory about your dead child at Christmas but my blog readers think it is the right thing to do in delivering these chocolates to you."
Alright enough sarcasm, let me update you with my weekend. Friday, I didn't do much but work on you house repairing the plumbing in the basement and fixing some drywall. Saturday morning I did the Breast Cancer walk on the lake front. That evening I had dinner at Chris and Rebecca's. Sunday was my nephew, Zack's, first communion. Here are the pictures.
Saturday morning I met the Hardwicks at their house and here is baby Elery.

The Hardwicks come to downtown Milwaukee.Here we are in mid Breast Cancer Walk. Linda, Nate, Michel and Cesar.Here is the entire group that did the walk.Saturday night at the Cinco de Mayo celebration with my bendahos Chris and Rebecca. Here is Rebecca and Tammy. Tammy is the one who will be moving into my place the day after the Freeman Party.Still celebrating Cinco de Mayo. This is out on the patio, Chris, Eric, Bob and myself. I haven't seen Bob in at least a year or two. I used to work construction with him as well back in high school and college. Bob is one of the most unique individuals that I know. I recall working with him one time. We were putting in the island pier on Pine Lake. We were trying to finish up the job before the rain came but that didn't happen, we were nearly done, and a downpour hit. Bob and I were out there screwing down cap boards each of us with an impact wrench. We were working as fast as we could but we were still absolutely soaked and cold. At one point we both moved to the next lag bolt and both of our impact wrenches were silent as we walked, Bob turned to me and said "Wow, this is fun." He said it in such a sarcastic way, that it summed up the moment so well as to how miserable we both were at the time. Maybe you had to be there, but trust me, Bob is just a trip to be around.The Davies family after Zack's first communion. Here is my rag muffin niece, Abbigail. Here brother, Josh, threw a racket, which hit her in the head and resulted in stitches.

No comments: