Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a pretty busy weekend. Friday night I went to my friends, Ray and Kate's wedding. I met them through Tree and we used to all play volleyball together. Now I only see Ray and Kate maybe once a year. It was a fun wedding, but I only knew 4 people there. And I managed to say quite possibly the dumbest thing to ever come out of my mouth. I was talking to this girl, and she was wearing a dress that made her look pregnant, plus their were a number of other pregnant girls at the wedding. So I asked her when she was expecting, and of course she said that she wasn't pregnant. Essentially what I did was just call her fat to her face. Nice work. Later that night I met my friend, Liz, down at Leff's for a drink.

I have been working on fixing things up in my house for my renter who is moving in to the place in early June. I had noticed over the last year that there was a slow leak in the utility sink in my basement. Friday afternoon, I did a little investigating into this problem and found a 8 inch crack on the underside of this old concrete sink. I spent a good portion of the weekend fixing what I thought was going to be a quick project. As it turns out, I am not quite done with it. But I should have it completed by the end of next weekend.

Saturday night, Preston had people over for cards. It is truly sad that my friends are all so busy. We used to play cards at least once a week, now it has fallen off to 4 or 5 times a year. Pathetic. To me the best part about playing cards isn't the gambling and taking all of my friends money (because I am a better card player than all of them) (that what I said Joe, I am best of the creeps at cards, deal with it), but it is the conversations that go along with playing the game. Justus was in peak form Saturday night.

Sunday I was again working on the basement sink and then dinner at my brother's house with most of the family. I would like to share with you the poem that I wrote and included in my card to my mom for Mother's Day.

Roses are red,
Green is the color of snot,
Giving birth to five kids,
Sure must have hurt a lot.
Here I am with Liz down at Leff's. What do you think Roman, should I use this for my Christmas Card picture?

Cards at Preston's place.Justus, being Justus. Here is a new one for you, Justus was well over an hour late in showing up for cards. I wasn't surprised in the least bit. And then just when you want to write him off altogether as a friend, because is he screws you over, you hang out with him for an hour or so and you just can't stay mad at him. He is the best friend I wish I never had.Here is my basement repair. The old sink was centered on the wall. I ripped that out, which was a little more than a bargains for, then I moved the washer and dryer far out to the sides and squeezed the new sink in next to the washer. That gave me plenty of room to put in a counter top which I guess would be nice for folding clothes or something. Unlike many of the other home improvements like the custom paint job I did here on the basement floor, the installation of the new sink and counter top will actually raise the resale value of my house.Mother's Day at Jon and Julie's. Here are all of the kids, from left to right, Ethan, Erin, Abbigail, Jake, Lauren, Pickle, Josh, Lindsey and Jared.My mom, Deb, Dan, Jodi and Tim all equally excited to have their pictures taken.My mom and dad. Just before I took this picture, I asked my mom which of her five kids was her favorite, and as you can see, she is clearly indicating her 5th child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only we had sound bytes from that night!

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

I thought your Mom was saying ....did I have five....?

Rickie Davies said...

No, she was clearly saying I was her favorite. I remember, I was there.