Monday, October 13, 2008

Badger Game

As predicted it was a pretty crazy weekend for me. Friday I finished up work and headed down to Milwaukee. There was a card game in the workings but first I had to get something to eat. Is there a better place to stop than Oakland Gyros? I think not. It tasted just as good as it always does. The fact that it is so good might continue to lead to more gyro contests on my blog, just because I enjoy going so much. The card game started up around 8 and I don’t think I left until somewhere around 2:30 in the morning. It is hard to leave when you are the big winner and have everyone else's money. Even though I enjoy winning at cards, I had more fun listening to Justus and Stegall who were on the tops of their respective games as far as being entertaining. Let’s be honest, they both suck at cards, but their banter during the game is second to none. I didn’t get to sleep until 4 in the morning and then I was up again at 8 to head off to my nephew, Jared’s, football game. It is Jared’s first year playing tackle football. He needs to learn how to hit a little harder, but it is just his first year.
After the game, I stopped by my parent’s house. On Friday night, my father shot and killed a 10 point buck. So I had to check that out. I got in a quick bike ride and then headed off to Madison. I met up with my buddy, Joe, in Sun Prairie. We then drove downtown, where I was to meet up with Pocahontas, Tom Brady, my brother Dan, brother in law, Tim, and Dan’s friend, Chris. We were at the Big Ten Pub until game time. The Badger game was pretty brutal, but I still had a lot of fun. At halftime, Chris and I made our way over the student section and met up with Pocahontas and Tom Brady. After the game we all headed back to the Big Ten Pub. Eventually everyone went their separate ways, but I had been playing phone tag with my friend, Trooper, all night. He was down on State Street. I finally tracked down Trooper at a bar right by the capital. I ended up only talking to him for a couple minutes as it was now bar time. It was at that point that I started walking back to Pocahontas’ place. It was much further than I thought, I ended up stopping and picking up a sub along the way. When I finally got to Pocahontas’ place it was close to 4 in the morning. It took nearly 10 minutes of phone calling and apartment buzzer ringing to finally get her up to let me into the apartment. Sunday was just a beautiful day. And I spent it driving back to Appleton and dozing off on the couch or in bed while watching TV. Here are your pictures.
The Art Museum all lit up at night.
Jared's Game. Jared is #67.Who says I never pay up. Here I am handing over the $150 to my sister for winning the Survivor League. If you complain enough you will get on the blog.Congratulation to my father. He has been hunting for 40 some odd years, and at 71 he gets his first big buck. From all accounts I have heard, this one is bigger than any deer his sons have shot. That is my dad's new best friend. I wouldn't have been surprised if he slept in the garage with it Friday night. But I don't know who was more excited about it, my dad or my mom.On to the Badger game. This is pre-game, Tom Brady and Pocahontas.Tim, Dan and Chris.As Chris and I were headed to the student section we met this lovely badger fan.

Best part of the whole game. This girl was crying and throwing up. As I was taking this picture she was shouting out, "I just want to go home." Madison's finest weren't having any of it. You think I am sadistic for taking the picture, how about the guy watching and eating nachos.Cuff her and stuff her. After this display I was talking to one of the cops. I asked him how many cops he thought he would need to take me down. He said "Just one, me." I just laughed at him.Back at the bar afterwards we ran into this fellow with the great dental plan. I thought they were novelty teeth at first. Those are some crazy choppers.Pocahontas getting a little crazy up on the table.I can't let Pocahontas out do me.Apparently my new thing is night pictures. Here is state street at bar time.

No comments: