Thursday, October 30, 2008

Soccer

Last night was my second game. I thought I played better than the first week. I was able to keep my shifts much closer to 2 minutes. I kept telling myself, if you are too tired to make the run get off the field. I was able to extend my scoring lead over The General. He was unable to tally a goal or an assist. I only managed one goal. I give and go where I was just able to get my left toe on the ball in the box to poke it past the keeper. I missed two fairly open shots in the first half. And at the end of the game with maybe 15 seconds left, I had pretty much a break away on the goalie. I tired to nutmeg him and he blocked it. But the ball came right back to me, so I tried a second nutmeg and that didn't work either. I believe the final score was 7-4. Our defense played much better, and as far as my defense goes, we only gave up one goal while I was on the field. A big thank you goes out to Julie, Nick, Griffin and Mark who stayed to watch my game.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you in action on the field. We'll be back in WI next week some time.
annie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you in action on the field. We'll be back in WI next week some time.
annie

Anonymous said...

I am only two goals behind, the top gun trophy is still up for grabs.