Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Farm Party

I was up at Nate's parent's farm this Saturday. It has been 5 years since I have been up there. Which is far too long. It is always so relaxing once you get up to the farm. Here are the pictures.
I learned that Nate doesn't enjoy having M&Ms put in his chili. He also isn't a fan of candy corn in there either. Some one put that stuff in his chili when he got up to get a napkin. If you look you can see the M&Ms. Probably my favorite thing to do at the farm is to go for a ride back in the fields. Nate's parents now own 260 acres. They mow trails through the fields. We had a pretty big group as we went for a ride. Here is Elery in the back of my truck.
Here are Eric and Anna following behind us on the ride through the fields.
We drove out to the point which over looks the valley, and walked out there. On the walk to the cars here is Nate and Elery.
You can see Max here. He was our tour guide on the ride. When we were coming out of the valley, it is a pretty steep hill. My truck stalled out twice in 4 Wheel High. But I made it out in 4 Low, but it wasn't that easy because I had to keep my truck going forward up the hill on mud while still having Max out in front of me. I had to be careful not to run him over. But we all know that the Toyota can handle anything. You can see the row of pines up ahead. The last time I was at the farm, we did a haunted hay ride. Jay and I were running around in the fields hiding and then jumping out and scaring everyone as the tractor went by. The pine trees made a great hiding spot.
Later on back in the barn, Karyoke broke out. Here are Myra and Nate. But I must say that the song of the night was Nate and I performing "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore", I was of course Babs on that one. Liquid you have to send me the video.
Here is the new barn on the farm. At least new to me. I think it is a year or two old now. We spent most of the day inside here. The upstairs is all finished with a kitchen, bathroom, living room and bedroom. An absolute fortress of solitude.
A view of the farm, the old barn used to be where the pond is now.
Here is Elery in his brand new Blues Clues Halloween costume.

No comments: