Friday, October 03, 2008

Old Time Story

I am currently up in Minnesota for the weekend.  I am suppose to be running my marathon this weekend but things didn't work out and my knee is still a little screwed up.  But I bought a plane ticket because if I had run that marathon, I knew that I wouldn't have wanted to drive the 5 hours back to Appleton.  Anyhow I am here and hanging out with Borky tonight and a story came up over the course of the night that I thought I would share with you.  As many of you may know, I am "The Head Boner".  As far back as third grade I have always helped my parents cutting deer during deer season.  You may say what you want but I know there are few that are better than me when it comes to cutting up a deer.  And I will take on any challengers.  My dad still in my 70's will give me a run for my money.  And my brother, Jon, can probably beat me.  But other than that, I will blow your mind with an knife and a hook in my hand.  Anyhow, I am off task here.  This story goes back to my high school days.  It was a warm autumn evening and I was helping my dad cut up a deer in the garage.  My parents live right on Highway 83 right in Wales.  As we were working, I hear a loud crash down on the highway.  Without thinking I walked down from the garage to the highway to see what was going on.  At the intersection their had been an accident and both cars had spun into the ditch.  I came closer to the cars to make sure everyone was alright.  The only thing was that I didn't, realize as I left the garage I still had my 6 inch knife in one hand and a hook in the other.  Not to mention I was wearing an apron that was covered with blood.  And as these people are emerging from the wreckage I am standing there asking the if they are alright.  They pretty much took one look at me and said "Yeah we are all cool.   Please leave us alone.  We are fine."  So much for being a good samaritan.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The urban legend is true! I knew it.

-Bubs

Anonymous said...

tell the story about what you did in winter time to your front lawn and some decorations and deer