Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Recap

I know you all are just on the edge of your seats wondering how my weekend went. Well here goes. Friday night there wasn't much too it. I cleaned my place as I had guests coming into town the next day. Saturday morning I was able to sleep in. It was the first time in a long time that I was able to sleep in, in my own bed in a while. It felt great. I had a massage appointment at 10:00 Saturday morning. What a great way to start the day. 10 hours of sleep and then a massage. I then headed to Oshkosh to see the Whitewater - Oshkosh football game. M.K.A. was playing. I met up with my aunt, uncle and M.K.A.'s girlfriend, Katie, in the parking lot a little before the game and we tailgated. I hate to say this, but the game was pretty boring. It was 17-0 at the end of the 1st quarter, and by then end of the game it was 44-3. Maybe I am just a spoiled Whitewater fan, but these games are such blowouts that they aren't very exciting. And from what I know of the remaining schedule for Whitewater, the rest of the games until the playoffs should all also be laughers. I have been giving M.K.A. a hard time for a couple weeks now, saying that I wanted him to get a personal foul penalty, and actually in this game he got one, but it was far from worth it. It was either hands to the face or blocking out of bounds. M.K.A. if you are going to get a penalty, make it worth your while, I literally want to see helmets rolling on the ground. By the way M.K.A., I spoke with Bubs yesterday. I have invited him a number of times to go to the November 8th game. He made up a number of excuses that I quickly debunked, and I finally got him to admit that he flat out just does not want to go. I know that Bubs will leave a comment saying otherwise, but who are you going to believe. So M.K.A. the next time you see Bubs, please deal with him as you see fit. I suggest making his helmet roll.
Saturday night Doug and Liquid came into town. They had Packer tickets and I convinced them that instead of driving back and forth from Minnesota all on Sunday, that they should stay with me Saturday night. When they got into town, we went out for dinner. Then we did something of a pub crawl along College Ave. It was suppose to be just until midnight, but one thing led to another and next thing we knew it was last call. Sunday we didn't get the quickest start in the world. It was probably a good thing that it was a late game. After breakfast get got down to Lambeau around 1 in the afternoon. We had some drinks at a bar pre game. I didn't have a ticket so I resorted to scalping. I didn't have a good feeling about the game, basically I thought the Packers were going to lose, so my starting price was $30. The closest I got was $40. I didn't make it into the game. But I spent the majority of the first half at this tailgate party outside the stadium. This group wouldn't let me leave and they kept throwing free beer and food at me. It was hard to even get away by the end of the first half. But I wanted to leave before the traffic and get home. That sums up the weekend. As always, I didn't take enough pictures, but here is what I do have.
Friday morning I snapped some photos of the bridge I am working on in Oshkosh. It is close to done, it does open and close on it's own now. Traffic will be on it in another couple of weeks, but the punchlist and paper work will most likely last into December. But I will be done with it at the end of the month.

M.K.A. doing what he does, kick ass. I didn't get a picture of the personal foul penalty. Liquid and Doug at the Packer game.Joe, you know this guy, the one legged scalper. I talked to him for a little bit. He can be spotted at Brewer games and is always outside the Bradley Center for any events there. He said to me "Yeah, I know you." But the tickets went faster than I expected and people broke down and gave them their prices. Of course I was waiting until the game started before I even thought about dealing with the scalpers. My favorite line I used with them was "The jets already flew by the stadium. That is part of the entertainment value of the ticket." I also told them that the Colts just scored a touchdown, which of course they didn't. But the scalpers stood their ground. One guy told me I would be waiting until Christmas if I only wanted to spend $30.This is the guy, Jon. He kept giving me food at the tailgate party. Here he is holding deep fried pork chops. They were really good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being such a good host. We had a great time!
Lisa

Rickie Davies said...

No problem Liquid. We will have to do it again.