Friday, October 24, 2008

Halloween Night

Last week during the pub crawl with Doug and Liquid, we were discussing Halloween plans. Borky is having his party up Minnesota, so that is what Doug and Liquid are doing. I am going Trick or Treating with my nieces and nephews in the early evening, but after that I have nothing planned. I had told Liquid that I was thinking about going to see Gwar at the Rave Halloween night because they always play there that night, but that I didn't have any one to go with. Liquid reminded me that it wouldn't be the first time that I went to a concert solo, no thanks to a number of my friends that have pulled up short in the past. This has led me to a new life altering decision. Instead of waiting on peopleand allowing them to hold me back, I have decided to continue to move forward. If people want to come along for the ride, they are more then welcome, I know that it is going to be a fun ride. But I am not going to limit myself because other people are afraid, or better yet have made decisions that force them to hold back in life. All that being said, this morning, I purchased my single ticket to go and see Gwar Halloween night at the Rave by myself. Tickets are still available. Obviously it would be more fun with other people, so all loyal blog readers are welcome to come along with me. I can assure you it will be something that you will soon not forget. Let me know if you are interested.
I mean look at these guys. How can you not want to go? According to their website, here is something of the history of Gwar: "Eons ago, there existed an elite group of chaos warriors who ravaged the galaxy with a boundless hatred of all things alive. They were called the Scumdogs of the Universe, and they grew in might and fury, the greatest weapon in the arsenal of their cosmic Master. But they became too powerful, and too defiant, and for their cosmic crimes were banished to the most insignificant planet in the universe...the seething mudball known as Earth. Millions of years passed, and they slumbered, until the pollution of your world de-thawed these creatures from their ageless coma...and now they stride the Earth, living gods, dedicated to one goal, the destruction of the human race, and the eradication of existence itself! Wait- that’s two goals!"
Now I don't believe I have ever actually sat down and listened to Gwar before. I know that they are something of a heavy metal band. Upon perfoming a little research on the band, here is their set list from one of their resent shows:
Battle Lust
Salaminizer
Go To Hell
Bring Back the Bomb
Bonesnapper
Murderer’s Muse
Crack in the Egg
Short History of the End of the World
Crush, Kill, Destroy
Ham on the Bone
KrosstikaWar Is All We Know
The Private Pain of Techno (Bozo and Sawborg) Destructo
U Ain’t Shit
Eighth Lock
Rock & Roll Never Felt So Good
The Reaganator
Slaughterama
Sick of You

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine anything scarier for Halloween than a Gwar show!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

We're still in Texas so you're off the hook. Annie