Saturday, October 04, 2008

Letter of Recommendation

In preparation for the presentation I had to give on Monday, my boss wanted me to get some letters of recommendation. One of the project managers that I had worked with in the past had offered to write me a letter a couple of months ago. I took him up on the offer. I know some people, frame these letters and hang them up on the wall. But I thought it was a bit comical and over the top.
I know that the letter is a little difficult to read. So let me give you a couple of phrases:
"I am completely impressed with his attention to detail, assertive decision making, and teamwork concept"
"He possess the underrated capability of interacting with project managers, superintendents, foremen, suppliers, and tradesmen in an effective and respectful manner that makes the project proceed much more smoothly. "
"The combination of knowledge, experience, and the willingness to work as a team to complete the project makes Rickie an ideal candidate to lead construction projects"
Any reactions?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that this letter wasn't written by your mother?

Anonymous said...

..and this is a surprise? You like to sound like a goof but in fact, you're a hard working guy who is also smart.
Annie

Rickie Davies said...

No, my mom didn't write that letter. Jason Samz wrote that letter.