Monday, October 16, 2006

Another Drinking Game

As I was driving down to Madison Friday night I thought of another old story. This one once again involves The General. Maybe I pick on The General a little too much, but too bad. This must go back at least 4 or 5 years. The General's college roommate, Schriber, was getting married and The General was the best man and throwing a bachelor party. They were having dinner in downtown Milwuakee at The Rock Bottom Brewery. I made it down there just as they were finishing up dinner. I am guessing it was a group of 10 - 12 guys. As we were sitting around having a couple drinks, our friend, Schmidty says to me "Hey do you have any good drinking games that we can play?" I thought about it for a minute and then explained the rules. It was actually pretty simple. The first person who talks to The General has to buy a round of shots for everyone. Everyone but The General agreed to this. We had to have been at the Rock Bottom before leaving for another hour or so. And no one talked to The General. It was pretty funny since normally at a bachelor party, the best man is the second most popular person there. Not to mention, I think The General even paid for dinner. I recall at one point watching The General going up to talk to someone any saying "Hey, where do you think we should go next?" and that person just turned and walked away from The General without saying a word. What are friends for.

No comments: