Thursday, October 19, 2006

Me and My Bridge

Well my loyal readers know that I am living up in Minnesota and working in Prescott, Wisconsin on a bridge that crosses the St. Croix River. My company has an interview with the State on Halloween. This is an opportunity for private consultants to basically make sales pitches to the State so that they will hire us for work in the future. I have also been asked to come along and speak on this interview. My boss asked me for some publicity shots of me with my project that he can add to the literature we will be handing out. So I spent an hour or so this morning running around taking pictures of myself with my bridge. Yes it was a rough day at the office. So I thought I would post a couple of the picture of me with the bridge and maybe let you decide which picture my company should use.
This one is taken from Minnesota on the north west corner of the bridge. Same location but with the Price Is Right Showcase Showdown hand gesture.This is taken from the North East corner of the bridge back in the friendly state of Wisconsin.This is looking directly west on the bridge.This is taken inside of the bridge. When the bridge is fully open the floor would be tilted at a 70 degree angle.This one I actually can't use because I am not wearing my safety vest. But the picture wouldn't work if I had the vest on because you would only see the reflective material. Anyhow this where the counterweight of the bridge swings down. If I were to stand there with the bridge fully open I would be crushed into what would look like a pile of bloody mash potatoes.This one was taken from the south east corner of the bridge.

Which is the best picture?
The one inside the bridge.
The one with you with your hands in your pockets and no expression with the bridge in the background.
Can you do one inside the bridge while the bridge is open?
What you couldn't get a picture from the south west corner?
Is it possible to photoshop yourself out of any of the pictures.
I don't care, but suddenly I am hungry for mashed potatoes.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice hat,looks very professonal.

Anonymous said...

you look like someone that got rejected fora kmart ad

Anonymous said...

it appears that all but one of the photos you have your hands in your pants was that part of the requirement?

Rickie Davies said...

I will reply to each comment.
#1. I hate hard hats and I don't shower before going to work, so the baseball hat is as good as it gets for me on the job site.

#2. I was at work. How happy do you want me to be?

#3. It was 35 degrees out, where do you want me to put my hands?