Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Songs

Here is a posting that I have been thinking about putting up for a while but I just haven't gotten around to it. And looking at my site meter, September is the first month in four months that my hits have gone down. So I need to start putting more interesting postings up. However, I doubt that this is one of my more interesting postings. Anyhow, this is my list of my favorite songs by my favorite artists.

Led Zepplin: "In the Light" This one is easy, it is a bit of a deep cut but ever since I heard Jimmy Page play this song with the Black Crows at Summerfest it has been my favorite Zepplin song.

Bruce Springsteen: "Trapped" This is a close pick, with "Fire" running a close second. I actually had them reversed and then I listeded to them again. It is definitely "Trapped".

U2: "One Tree Hill" Not one of their more popular songs. But still I think my favorite. I have never heard them play it live in concert but have always wanted to hear it. Joshua Tree is such a great album, I could have really picked any of the songs on it. "Running to Stand Still" is great, and the live version of "With or Without You" on the Rattle and Hum video is great. Another deep cut that is way up there on my U2 favorites is "Sort of a Homecoming"

Rolling Stones: "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" no question their best song.

Dave Matthews Band: "Lie in Our Graves" the live at Red Rocks Version is fantastic. I am also a huge fan of "Say Goodbye" that is 1A.

Pearl Jam: "Given to Fly" A lot of people will say it has to be something of the their first album. But this is still my favorite. Although when they open a concert with "Release", that is just incredible.

KISS: "Calling Doctor Love" You might not put KISS in your top bands, and I really don't think I would either but I have seen them so many times, I figured I had better add them to the list. Yes they are sell outs. But they are entertaining.

Th Grateful Dead: "Friend of the Devil" I guess this is one of their more mainstream songs, but still my favorite.

Neil Diamond: "Cracklin Rosie" You would think for being my favorite Neil song, I would at least remember the words when I sing it at someone's wedding, but I always manage to forget the words.

The Beatles: "Norwegian Wood" The Beatles is pretty hard. They have so many songs. It is hard to pick any one of them. Although the if you consider the second side of Abbey Road, "Golden Slumbers Melody" all one song, then that would have to be it. And the White Album is a great listen. And if you want to throw Paul McCartney's solo career in their as well, that makes it even harder. The "Band on the Run" Album I used to listen to all the time in college.

If I am missing an artist let me know and I will give you my opinion.

No comments: