Sunday, October 22, 2006

Weekend Update

This weekend was alright. Friday night I went over by Krum who was having an open house at his condo. I actually knew more people than I thought I was going to. But after reaching a certain number of drinks, I knew it was time to either leave or end up staying the duration. It looked like it was going to be a really long night so I headed out. Saturday night I went to the Terror Trail with Doug, Lisa and Lynn. It was OK. Just way too cold. I am not ready for winter at all. I was just freezing. However, being at the Terror Trail thing, it made me think of a story. This one goes back to when I was in high school. As you might know, I am a highly accomplished butcher, at least of deer and other wild game. My official job title is "Head Boner". One night my father and I were cutting up a deer in the garage, and it was a warm night because the garage door was open. As we were working I heard a loud crash. I walked outside to investigate and sure enough there had been a car accident down on the corner. One car has T-boned (no pun intended) another. Being the good Samaritan that I am I walked down to see if everyone was alright. What I didn't realize at the time was my appearance and that I forgot to leave the knife and hook that I was using cutting up the deer on the table. Here is pretty much the scene that these people see as they are emerging from their car wreck. A 6' 3" blonde kid wearing a bloody apron, bloody hands and carrying knife and a hook walking out of the darkness towards them. I asked everyone if they were alright. They said "Yes, we are fine, please just leave and go back to what you were doing."
Here I am at the Terror Trail.
The "Head Boner" in action.

No comments: