Thursday, March 09, 2006

More DOT Work

July 13, 2005
Now hold in mind that some of the errors that Nura has made have turned out to waste a large amount of time. This however didn’t waste of time, but is rather an example of just being clueless and not paying attention to her job. On our project we had a borrow pit, which the contractor was hauling out fill that the road was getting built upon. We took shots before they began excavation on the borrow pit. And now we had to take shots afterwards. This would give us the amount of borrow used. I had Nura holding the rod and going around to locations that I had marked out ahead of time. We took about 30 shots and the terrain around the borrow pit wasn’t the easiest to traverse. However at one such shot I looked through the level to see that she had the rod upside down. Again this was not a huge waste of time, but just an example of not paying attention to what is going on. She has one job to do and that is to hold a rod straight up and down on a mark the correct way and she couldn’t even do that. Maybe I am being a little over critical, but I have had the job of holding the surveying rod and always managed to get it right. And normally I was hung over when I was doing it.

No comments: