Saturday, March 18, 2006

NCAA

I tried to get these results out last night but there was a problem with the blog site. But the Death Star is once again running and operational. And since we are back on line, what is going on with Kansas? You win 15 of the last 16 games, run the Big 10 tournament and then drop your opening game to Bradley. Bradley!!! March Madness, more like March are you F'ing kidding me? Fort Wayne what do you think about that? Alright, I am done venting, but if another one of my Final Four Teams goes down this weekend, the pool is off. Here are the results / standings after the first round.

1st: 25 points, Doggie and Me (No, it isn't fixed)
2nd: 24 points, Bubs, Krum #2, Krum #3, Tree
3rd: 23 points, Borky, Jota, Krum #1, Ray, Villa
4th: 22 points, Diane, Nevey
5th: 21 points, The General
6th: 20 points, Coonen, Heather, Sherman, Truz
7th: 19 points, Kaker, Nate
8th: 18 points, Dan

Now I also calculated everyones remaining possible points, so if you were to get the rest of your sheet entirely correct this is how many points you would score.
1st: 110 points, Krum #2, Krum #3, Tree
2nd: 108 points, Coonen
3rd: 107 points, Krum #1, The General
4th: 106 points, Doggie
5th: 105 points Villa
6th: 104 points Dan, Heather, Me
7th: 102 points Borky, Bubs, Ray, Sherman
8th: 96 points Nate
9th: 94 points Diane, Kaker
10th: 93 points Jota, Truz
11th: 89 points Nevey (Kansas in the finals hurt you a bit)

Now I have done some research for all of you, here are the winning point totals for my pool in years past, 2002 (70 points), 2003 (69), 2004 (78), 2005 (82). Again, I would double check your sheets against the numbers that I posted to make sure there wasn't a mistake. And with Kansas out, I need a dark horse to win the Oakland Region. Come on Pittsburgh.

No comments: