Monday, March 20, 2006

Weekend Update

Friday I had a rough day at the office. I met Nate and Preston for lunch at Paulie’s Pub. It was a bit obnoxious. Nate and I were sitting next to each other and the music was so loud that Nate and I couldn’t hear each other over Loverboy and Aerosmith pumping through the speakers. Fun. The place was pretty busy nonetheless; it shouldn’t take an hour to get some chicken fingers and cheese curds. I just wanted to watch some basketball. I got back to the office late and I stunk like an ashtray. Once I got home from work, Jay stopped by and we had a couple beers and watched college basketball. Then we stopped over by Nate to play some ping pong. Around 10:00 p.m. we decided that we would go down to O’Brien’s. My friend, Andy, was going to be down there and I told him I would meet him out there. The highlight of O’Brien’s was just before we walked in, a bouncer was carrying a patron out the door in a sleeper hold. And it appeared that the bouncer applied the hold correctly because when he dropped the guy down on the sidewalk he was out. I should have gotten a picture of that. Saturday afternoon, I took my nephew, Jared, shopping for his birthday. He is going to be 6 this week. I bought Jared a new bike. When we got it home I pumped up the tires for him and then I took it for a spin. The bike is quite a bit bigger than his old one, so it looks like there is going to have to be a bit of a learning curve since he fell twice in the first minute. Saturday night we went out to celebrate Jay’s birthday at County Claire. Around 1 in the morning Nate and I were sort of hungry, and since we were downtown, that would mean that we were close to Oakland Gyros. I don’t think I can overstate how much I enjoy eating there. And it always seems to taste so much better at 1 or 2 in the morning. Sunday I spent the majority of the day cleaning my house and watching basketball. Sunday night was the Coldplay concert. My friends and old roommates, Mark and Suzanne, bought tickets ahead of time. And Shauntelle and I were going to scalp tickets. I managed to get some lower level $80 seats for $20 a piece. Then once in the concert Shauntelle and I moved to some better open seats. We ended up being on the side even with the front of the stage and about 15 rows back. Really good seats, and I was pleasantly surprise at how good the band was. So if you live in Fort Wayne or Columbia, and Coldplay is slotted to come to town, I highly recommend going to the show.

No comments: