Friday, April 21, 2006

The Exam is Over

Alright the Professional Engineering Exam is over. How do I feel about it? Well let me give a bit of a run down on the exam. It is an 8 hour exam split into 2 - 4 hour parts. Each part is 40 questions, so that breaks down to 6 minutes per question. All questions are multiple choice. In the morning session, I finished having confident answers on all but 5 questions. The afternoon I had confident answers on all but 8 questions. So I was left with an educated guess on 13 of 80 questions. Assuming I got 1/4 of those right, since I answered pretty much all of those "C". And with there being only 4 possible answers per question, statistically speaking I should have 25% of those right. I need to score a 70 on the exam to pass, I am assuming that means 70% right. So with a little math, even if I got all 13 of those wrong, which I am fairly confident that I probably got 2 or 3 of those right, 80 -13 is 67. 67/80 is 83.75%. So according to my calculations, I need to get 56 out of 80 questions right to get a 70%. I really hope I did. Keep your fingers crossed with me.

After the exam I went with my sister, Deb and her family to the Brewer game. So no big surprise, I have been drinking since the exam completed. But I thought I would share some pictures that I took at the game. Tomorrow I have wedding, so I should have plenty of pictures from that occasion to share with you.

This is Lindsey and I in the car on the way to the Brewer game. Those aren't my glasses, but I do look good in them.

Here is my brother in law, Tim, and his daughter, Erin.

Here are the three Coonen Kids, Lindsey, Jared and Erin.

Here I am with Lindsey, Jared and Erin. Even though the game was over and the Brewers lost, I still think it is a pretty cool picture.

And lastly I took a picture of the materials I brought into my open book exam today. I used every one of these books. As you can see I have my tape measure out. That is over 14 inches of resource material. Are you kidding me? Over half of the people who took the exam had either a dolly or a rolling luggage bag to carry in there resource materials. I will give up all of my gifts for Christmas and my birthday for the next 5 years if I can just pass this exam. Wow I do not want to have to take that thing again. Wish me luck. Please log on to the poll to offer your vote on how you think I did. I will post the results of the exam when I get them at the end of June. Trust me I can wait.

Do you think I passed the exam?
Of course you did, don't sweat it.
No way, you can't be good looking and smart.
Pass it? I doubt you got your name right.
I thought you would drink the night before and over sleep.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

1 comment:

Prop #3 said...

Well Rick if you don't pass the exam you can always blame it on President Bush! He gets blamed for everything else so why not your failed education.

Eggy!