Monday, April 03, 2006

What no picture?

I had a bit of a problem this weekend with my computer. Long story short, I tried to load some software on my computer to use a friend's scanner, and that software locked up my computer tighter than Cool Hand Luke in a sweat box. But things are thankfully back to normal. Today is a pretty difficult day for me. You see Fort Wayne and Columbia, today is the Milwaukee Brewers Opening day. And while it is almost always cold, overcast with a chance of rain, it is still always a great time. It hurts me to know that while I am sitting in my cubicle writing this, there are hundreds, make that thousands of people down at Miller Park in various beer tents taking part in drinking, music and general debauchery. Last year, I didn't go and with my new job, I can't make it this year either. But I did have a stretch of 7 or 8 years going. I can recall being at the game one year, before the new stadium, when I was in the bleacher and there were actually snow flurries. I was so cold that I didn't want to drink. I know, hard to believe but still true.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be there to go with ya' May 19-21st buddy!

-borky