Sunday, April 16, 2006

Picture of the Day


Happy Easter Fort Wayne and to the rest of you. Sorry Columbia, Fort Wayne checks in more often that you do, they get top billing and you are the opening act. I always enjoy Easter. I spend most of the day at my parent's place. And I get to see all of my nieces and nephews. Somehow it came to be that I would launch model rockets for the kids on Easter. I forgot about it, until last night, so around 8:30 I was driving around town looking for rocket engines. But I found some. I am also in charge of hinding Easter Eggs. But these kids are getting older and smarter. I will have to be more devious today. The picture above is me with all of my nieces and nephews in my back yard. Nick, Ethan, Lindsey, Abbigail, Ethan, Jared, Sarah, Erin, Josh and me. A little side story pertaining to Easter. When I was younger and living at home, my parents always made me go to church. I don't know if this made me a better person or not, but I was there every Sunday. On Easter we would go to church on Maundy Thursday, the late Good Friday Service and then Early Sunrise service on Easter. Our church would also serve breakfast after the sunrise service. Traditionally speaking I did enjoy this, at least once I got myself out of bed. Although the breakfast was the best part of the event. One year when I was in college probably my second or third year, I came home Easter weekend. One thing led to another and on the night before Easter Sunday, I somehow got talked into going out with some friends. I honestly don't know what time I got home that morning, but if it had been the actual Easter Sunday, I would have had plenty of time to help roll away that stone first before going to bed. I might have got 2 hours of sleep before I had to get up for church. I was in rough shape during the service, I was sweating and my stomach was turning. Just brutal. After the service, I went with my parents to sit down for the Easter breakfast at the chuch. I was sitting across from my dad, just looking miserable, and he said to me, "How late were you last night, you look horrible." I told him that I wasn't really sure. And then came the best Easter gift I ever recieved. My dad told, "Why do you just leave and go home and rest?" I was out of there in two seconds and spent the rest of the remainder of that day in bed recovering.

No comments: