Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Another Stupid Idea

Before I get to my next stupid idea, I would like to extend a congratulations to Lisa for winning my Survivor League. You can find Lisa's picture down below in the Halloween section as she was the winner of the female costume contest as well. Looks like Lisa is having a pretty good year so far.
I went and saw Flags of Our Fathers today. It was OK. I think I was more happy about sneaking into seeing the second half of The Departed afterwards. Yes I am sneaking into movies. How old am I? Next thing you know I will be digging popcorn tubbs and soda cups out of the trash for free refills. And in case you are wondering, no I didn't do that and I haven't done that since in was in college. Although I have brought beer into the movies before. Is that wrong? However The Rosebud theater in Wauwatosa does serve beer, making it one of my favorite theaters of all time. But their sound system sucks.
If you know me, or are just a reader of my blog, you know that I have a lot of stupid ideas: going to college for Civil Engineering, taking speedometer pictures at 120 mph or taking professional ski jumps in Lake Tahoe. So before I go through with my next stupid idea that is sure to be a failure I thought I would run it by the people who's opinions I hold the highest, and that is of course my valued blog readers. In years past, the day after Thanksgiving (Friday) has traditionally been held aside for my favorite made up holiday, Natesgiving. As legend has it, this holiday started a number of years ago when Nate was walking through the store and couldn't believe how cheap turkeys were, like $0.30 a pound. And thus Natesgiving was born. Unfortunately Nate and Michel really didn't think things through when they were in the planning stages for the arrival of Nate Jr. His due date is November 11th. Last I heard the arrival of Nate Jr. will mean there will be no Natesgiving this year. With no Natesgiving this gave me an idea. Obviously I am not going to cook a turkey. I can barely make a pizza. But I thought that with my house nearly completely empty that I would through an old fashioned college party in my house. Back to basics of college, to the days of binge drinking. Beer bongs, drinking games, half barrels, and $1 cups. So based on the results of these polls, I will determine if I will have this party or not.
Should I have a "College" Binge Drinking Half Barrel Party the day after Thanksgiving?
Absolutely.
Are you kidding? Don't do it. You are 33, act like it.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

If I have the party will you attend?
Of course, I will do the first beer bong.
No, I have to go to Home Depot for some wall paper on Saturday.
And maybe Bed Bath and Beyond, if there is time.
Free polls from Pollhost.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice quote from Old School:)

Rickie Davies said...

I was watching college football last night on ESPN. And Doug Flutie and Craig James were doing Dumb and Dumber references. "So you are telling me there is a chance..." I thought it was pretty funny.