Friday, November 17, 2006

Which is Art?

Last night, as I do every Thursday night, I played soccer with Krum. Normally I stop by his office. While we were there he was showing me all of these pictures that he took. It is a long story why he was taking them. Anyhow he took one of this thistle that was dead and wilting away, which I thought was kind of cool. I told him how that was ironic, because that very same day, I was in the pit of the my bridge where the counterweights swing and I took a picture of a dead decomposing rat. Krum claimed that his picture was art but mine is just disgusting dead rat. The way I see it, they were once both living organisms, both are now rotting away. So I thought I would see what you thought. I have a feeling I know which way this will go. But I am running out of material to talk about so this is what I have.

Which photo is art?
Krum's Thistle
Your Rat
They both are
Neither, you are both morons
Free polls from Pollhost.com
This is Krum's Thistle. Now I admit, he got had much better lighting, and probably had things in frame a little better than I did. Especially with the placement of the powerlines in the background, probably unintentional.But look at my rat. You can see the detail of the rib cage if you look closely. It's final resting place, alone on the cold dark damp floor of a draw bridge pit floor, is a parallel of the cold dark walk of death each of us will have to make as death is just a part and the end of life. Pretty deep don't you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of you tools need to get a life.

Rickie Davies said...

Dan: Should I throw away my digital camera and buy a chain saw? Get a life? You go to bed at 9:00 p.m. every night.

The General: Did you fix your car window yet? Because I know you haven't been keeping your "Pinko Commy Rag" up to date.

Anonymous said...

And this is why you both are artist?

Anonymous said...

In Krum's picture, is that a dead body hanging from the power line in the back ground? You both seem like killers to me.

Dalmer.