Thursday, November 30, 2006

Everything is Gone

This story goes back to around 2001 or so. On this particular Friday night I was going down to the Admirals game with Nate and Jay. Justus had just moved into a place on 76th street no more than 10 or 12 blocks from my house. We had called him to see if he wanted to go with us. But he said that he was staying in with his girlfriend, Amy. Nothing wrong with that, but I knew we would have more fun if Justus came with us. Nate, Jay and I left my house and were headed for downtown, and we decided to stop by Justus anyway to see if we could perform a quick intervention to convince him to go with us. They were living in an upper flat. The door was open and we walked right in. No one was home, I had just talked to him no more than 10 minutes ago, and now no one was home. When you open the door into their place you walk right into the living room. To the right is a den, and to the left is the kitchen and bedrooms. I decided to leave them a little message that we had stopped by. In the next 5 minutes we managed to move everything out of the living room into other rooms of the place. And when I say everything, I mean everything. The movies and CDs in the built in china cabinets, all of the knick knacks on the shelves. The room was cleared out. And then we left for the game. As I said it took the three of us no more than 5 minutes. In talking to Justus later, he informed me that we must have showed up right after they left to go rent a movie and get chinese. He said they weren't gone for more than 10 or 15 minutes. When they got back obviously they thought they that were robbed and nearly crapped their pants. As they spent the next hour and a half putting everything back, Amy asked Justus "Who would do this?" Justus said "You don't know? This was Rickie for sure."

No comments: