Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Recap

Here is what I can recall from the last couple of days. But before I start with that. Tonight I saw the first snow fall here in Minnesota. I couldn't be less excited for the winter to begin. Alright, Saturday night Borky had a party and then just about everyone at the party went to a bar downtown Minneapolis. I was in charge of organizing the costume contest at Borky's. Borky and Lisa won. The highlight of the evening was at the bar where I had a run in with Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters. I saw him walk into the bar and I over head these two guys say, "Did you see that guy's costume? He is dressed up like Dave Grohl?" Morons. I wasn't planning on going up and talking to him, because I am sure tops on his list of things to do that night was to talk to a mime. But Borky grabbed me and wanted me to get a picture of him with Dave. Borky and I went over by Dave and started talking to him. This is what I recall from my conversation with Dave, mind you I was dressed as a mime.
Me - "Hey Dave, How is it going?"
Dave - "Don't talk!"
Me - "But Dave..."
Dave - "No you can't talk!"
Me - "I just wanted to...."
Dave - "You are a mime, mimes don't speak!"
Me - "Well can I..."
Dave - "Shut up!!"
Eventually he let me get a couple of words in. And I got a picture with him as well. But the picture turned out real blurry. Dave seemed like a pretty nice guy, although he also seemed pretty drunk. So I guess you could say that I was partying with Rock Stars on Saturday night.
Sunday I drove home to Milwaukee. Pretty brutal since I was hung over. The reason I was down in Milwaukee was for a presentation that my company was putting on for the Wisconsin DOT. The presentation was all of 20 minutes. My part was only 5 minutes. But it might have been a good thing that I was there, because after the presentation one of the project supervisors who was sitting in on our presentation was asking specific questions about having me be the project manager on one of his projects. Then Halloween night I went trick or treating with my nieces and nephews. And I ended up pulling up short with both concerts on Halloween, I didn't go to either Mini Kiss or Gwar. As it was, I left Waukesha at around 8:30 and got back to Woodbury around 1 / 1:30 in the morning. And I was on my project just before 7 this morning. Here are photos from the last couple of days as promised.
Here is the mime costume.
Myra as Take Out Chinese.Here is Lisa who won best costume, her and Doug where Britney and Kevin Federline.Me and Borky. Borky was Tony Clifton. Borky also took second place at the costume contest at the bar.Here is Borky and Dave Grohl.Here I am just before trick or treating, with Nick, Lindsey, Jared, Ethan and Erin in front.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my friggin god!!!! You met dave grohl..that is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Which bar downtown did you spot David Grohl at?

Rickie Davies said...

The Fine Line