Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Movie Review

My life is actually rather boring. And as boring as it is, writing about is even more boring. So I have been looking for new ideas. Yes, I do still have the picture of the day feature. There are about another 50 or so still on my hard drive which have yet to be released to the public. My sister in law, Julie, gave me the idea of posting reviews of movies, since I mentioned to her that I go to a movie about once a week. Right after she made the suggestion she said she wanted credit on the blog for the idea as well. She may post a comment stating otherwise, but I have witnesses, such as my god wife, Nancy. So credit given and how about a picture too. Thanks for the idea Julie.Today is my first of what I hope is many movie reviews. I went to the local movie theather, The Woodbury 10. Here I am before the movie. Yes that is orange pants, black jacket, a green hat and white gloves.
I have been doing a great deal of thinking of my rating system of these movies. I had a number of ideas, but I didn't like any of them. So I will just go with a generic 1- 10 scale. A "1" being really bad and I tell everyone I know to never go and see this movie (Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man). And a "10" being a must see buy it right away when it comes out on DVD and watch it every weekend when you come home from the bars(Pulp Fiction, Goodfellas). I will try not to spoil any of the plots of the movies. I would also like to post a disclaimer that I have traditionally been very hard on movies. So don't expect to see a lot to Bo Derek's (10's).

So here is my first movie review. I went to see Deja Vu staring Denzel Washington, Val Kilmer, Paula Patton, Adam Goldberg and Jim Caviezel (A.K.A. Jesus Christ) as the bad guy. I would classify this movie as a cross between "Back to the Future", "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" and "Enemy of the State". The time travel in this movie doesn't seem too believeable but then again, maybe the theory behind it is over my head. Not that I don't believe in time travel, I do, at least Einstein's theory. I will explain it to you some day. But I did like how everything ties itself together by the end of the movie. So I will give this movie an 7, worth paying full theather price, but not worth buying when it comes out on DVD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rick. Nice Review. Can't wait for the next one.

Anonymous said...

At last .....someone I can trust to do an honest review!

Rickie Davies said...

Actually, I have been doing something about the movie. So I really want someone else to go and see the movie so I can discuss some inaccuracies that may exist.