Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Finished at Last

I think I have finally finished the latest remodel job. This past weekend I put the remaining trim around the picture window and the crown molding in the living room. I still have the upstairs to do, but I am going to take a break for a little while. Plus no one goes up there anyway. Here are some pictures of the now completed living room.
This is what the window looked like after it was first put in.Check this out. I had the wall stripped all the way back to just the brick.And here is the completed wall. Note the new crown molding. And the Borky original hanging on the wall. I know I need to take it in and get it framed.
Yes, I am eventually going to take a step into the year 2010 and get a TV that hangs on the wall. But this one still works and it is 11 years old. Maybe once I pay off my credit card debt.I initially planned for this remodel job when I refinanced my house. But that extra $5,000 went pretty fast, and I stopped keeping track of the cost once I doubled my original estimate. Note the dogs playing poker on the wall. My second favorite piece of art work. Borky you are number one.I am man enough to admit it. I screwed up on the crown molding. Now you just have to find out where the screw up is.No shoes on the new carpeting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Rickie, looks great!

SL

Anonymous said...

looks great buddy!

maybe we make a frame it green picture for you to hang of Eddie or DMB or something.

-borky

Unknown said...

Looks fabulous...great job rickie!

Rickie Davies said...

Borky, the Pearl Jam leaning poster. I have been looking for a print of it somewhere, but have come up empty.

Anonymous said...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.rockabilia.com/files/img/IMPPOSTER/T/37957F.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.rockabilia.com/band.php%3Fbcat%3D656%26cat%3D656&usg=__BidqauVgPK3ntlQjpF6BFOBtiF4=&h=100&w=100&sz=8&hl=en&start=9&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=mtHW_qtu6-MNoM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=82&prev=/images%3Fq%3DPearl%2BJam%2Bleaning%2Bon%2Bstage%2Bposter%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26imgtbs%3Dz%26as_st%3Dy%26tbs%3Disch:1


-borky