Thursday, March 04, 2010

MP3 Player Update

I am sure you may be wondering how my MP3 player is working out for me. Not too good. First allow me to explain the situation here. I ordered two MP3 players from a website which claimed that they got them from China at wholesale before the mark up. I purchased an "Ipod Nano" and another MP3 player which plugs into your vehicles cigarette lighter and transmits to the vehicle through an unused FM radio station.
While the "IPod Nano" looks like an Ipod it isn't an Ipod. The menus look different, not to mention that when you turn it on it takes at least 30 seconds before the main screen comes up. It also has an annoying habit of skipping to the next song after playing the first 30 to 40 seconds of the current song. Every time I have plugged it into my computer to load new songs on it, my computer says that the "IPod Nano" is unreadable and must be formatted. So we are going to write that one off as not working, but be sure to check under the tree next Christmas, you may be the recipient of it.
Moving on to the car MP3 player. I have yet to get it working correctly as well. There is always back ground noise. It also came with a remote control. Sadly my Chinese is a little unpolished and I have no idea what each button means.You think that is funny? I would if it happened to someone else. I paid $70 for the "IPod Nano" and the Car MP3 Player. This past weekend I was so frustrated with them that I went and bought another MP3 player from Best Buy. So below you see on the left, the "IPod Nano", in the middle, the Car MP3 player remote and on the right, my new MP3 player which was another $70.
So in the end I should have just gone to Best Buy and bought the real $140 Ipod Nano and I would have been ahead of where I am now. And what did I learn from all of this, that I am not as smart as I thought I was, but if nothing else you found it entertaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can translate....it says "You got screwed".

BTW, I have the Sansa Fuse and love it.

Ahhhhhh.

Bubs said...

Maybe you can exchange the car MP3 player at Panda Hut for some General Tso's Chicken!