Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Passwords

Is anyone else overloaded with computer passwords? I am just sick of them. They must be 8 characters long, have at least one number and one capital letter. The ones that I really hate are the ones that need to be changed every two to three months. Allow me to run down my list of all the passwords I have. Let me start with work:

My work laptop,

My work desktop,

Getting on my company's server from a remote location,

Getting on my company's email server,

The project management program for my Appleton project (but that project's paper work will be turned in this week)

The project management program for my USH 45 project (this project will also be turned in this week)

My time sheet at work,

Getting onto the Wisconsin DOT website,

My companies benefits website,

My health insurance website,

My office telephone.



Now let me get to my personal passwords:

ATM pin number (which is redundant)

My garage keypad number,

Two credit card web sites,

My Yahoo account,

My blog account,

It is rare that I buy things on Ebay, but I do have a Paypal account,

My retirement fund website,

My banks website,

My house payment website,

My cell phone website,

My cell phone password to listen to voicemails.



I think I am missing a couple but that is 23 passwords. Anyone else think that is rediculous? Can anyone beat that number?

No comments: