Friday, March 12, 2010

The Hangover

I don't know that my movie reviews are all that spectacular. In fact I think they suck. I was watching TV the other day, and I don't even know what movie the commercial was for, but one critic described the movie as "deliciously unsettling". Why can't I come up with such a witty and smart description for movies? Or how about "It was much much better than 'Cats". I am going to see it again and again'"(SNL, anyone). I am going to have to try much harder. I will try to use two words to describe all movies I see. I wonder how long that will last. So with that let me get to my movie review of "The Hangover".

I finally saw "The Hangover". People had been telling me to see it ever since it came out. Yes, it isn't even in theaters anymore but I wanted to give a review. I wasn't 20 minutes into the movie when I said to myself, "Wait a minute, I have seen this movie before. This is the same plot as 'Dude, Where's My Car?'". The only difference is that instead of losing a car they lost a person. Granted it is a much hipper and classier version of the same story with the only true backdrop you could have for a movie of this type, Las Vegas.

The central character, Doug, is getting married and his two best friends, Stu and Phil, throwing him a bachelor party. In an effort to fit in with his soon to be new family, Doug invites his future brother in law, Alan, on the trip to Las Vegas. Alan desperately wants to fit in with the rest of the groups and drugs everyone with roofies. The movie fast forwards from when they first get to Las Vegas to the next morning. At which point, Stu, Phil and Alan try to sort out what happened the night before and more importantly find Doug.If it wasn't for "Dude, Where's Your Car?" this movie would be a 9, but since the plot is so familiar, I can't give it more that a 7.

Two words: frighteningly relatable.

Throughout the course of the movie, while entertained, I tried to determine which of the three characters, Phil, Stu or Alan, most resembled myself. I think in my past I have displayed the same characteristics of each. But who do you think I most resemble.

Stu Phil Alan


Who am I most like?
Stu
Phil
Alan
Free polls from Pollhost.com

1 comment:

Bubs said...

The best part of the movie is the end with all of the photos.